Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Runners Devotion

Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. (1 Corinthians 9:24, 25 NIV)

I run, not to medal, but for several reasons spiritually.  I run to take care of God's temple (my body) which he has given me temporarily while I'm here on Earth.  I run to release myself from daily stresses and take in anything God may want to tell me.  I run and pray. When I run in a group, I run to share encouragement.  There are so many prizes with running.  

In this verse, God had the author use running and the prize as our life and living for salvation in  Jesus. He is the ulitmate prize to everlasting life.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment