Wednesday, March 19, 2014

March 19, 2014 -Journal

Today, we woke up and went for my first run in New Orleans.  We departed to the River Walk, over to Jefferson Square, and back up the River Walk to the hotel.  We logged around two and half miles.  We later went to the Westin's workout facility and lifted weights and I ended up getting another two and half miles on the treadmill to complete my five miles for the day.  
        Around 11 a.m., I went to registration and picked up my conference material and reviewed many of the community college marketing artwork material entered for awards.  I was thrilled to see so many creative views and ideas all in one location.  I met another public relations director from a community college in Dallas.  It was also her first time at the conference.  
        At 1 p.m., the conference kicked off the opening session with political analyst James Carville.  He was a great speaker to open a conference on communicating a message to your marketed public!  Carville said the key to effective communication is to keep your message simple, relevant, and repetitive.  His words reenforced my education in the Department of Communication at Pitt State.  
        After the sessions were over for the day, Jeff and I walked down to Jefferson Square, the French Quarter, and ate at Mother's for dinner.  I orded the New Orleans' red beans and rice with smoked saugage.  Jeff ordered the New Orleans poboy sandwhich with butter and grits. The streets were full of artist, musicians, tarot readers, and dancers.  After a nice evening together, we stopped at the Red Apple.  It was a candy store full of homemade treat covered fruit, cookies, cereal, and pretzels.  I ordered S'more bark and Jeff ordered creole covered pralines.  

My red beans and rice dinner at Mother's.

Jeff's poboy sandwhich and grits dinner at Mother's.



No comments:

Post a Comment