Thursday, August 29, 2013

Overcome Evil with Good

Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. (1 Thessalonians 5:15 NIV)

It is so easy to get angry and want to "get even."  However, God wants us to "overcome evil with good" as it says in Romans 12:21.  I've wondered why it is so easy to want to strike back at someone who has wronged me in some way.  Why is it human nature to feel this way?  

The true blessings come from when you have decided to serve the "hater" in your life.  It is easy to be loving or giving to someone who treats us with respect.  However, it is difficult to repay evil with good.  I believe we build our treasures in heaven through these actions when we find the strength to overcome the revenge spirit in all of us.  

I thought about this today during my run.  I think God makes us work for our treasures in heaven, but we just don't realize how he is molding us to be like Christ through these actions.  

No comments:

Post a Comment