Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Philipians 1:3

I thank my God every time I remember you. (Philippians 1:3 NIV)

This verse revealed to me today, reminded me of the deep passion I have for my mission field here in Pittsburg and what I was given the opportunity to experience in the Dominican Republic through SCORE International.  In addition, while listening to Christian radio today, I heard Word of God Speak twice within 10 min. of each other.  The song was performed by Casting Crowns first and then Mercy Me, two of my favorite bands.  

I know God was talking to me.  I pray God will continue to speak his guidance in my heart where he wants me to go with my St. Jude mission for Phi Theta Kappa and marathon running/fundraising, my middle school kids in Pittsburg I work with on Wednesday and Sunday, and the people of the Dominican Republic and the many missionaries who blessed our group while working down there this summer.  

Pray for Jeff and I as we start with a new group of 7th graders coming up into my Sunday School class.  We want these kids to grow spiritually, knowing how to pray, when to pray, why we pray, and actually learn details about the stories in the bible and how we apply them to our daily lives.  One day, I hope to learn Spanish, well, and learn it with a biblical background so I can do the same teaching in the Dominican Republic on a return mission trip.  

The following photo is from a nursing home in the Dominican Republic.  There were Haitians, Dominicans, and Americans speaking 4 different languages when we got there.  However, the unique blessing we found was we all could sing in our native language praises to God at the same time and worship Him in all his glory.  


No comments:

Post a Comment