Sunday, February 17, 2013

Start of the week

being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Philippians 1:6 NIV)

God showed me this verse last night to start my week off. It reminds me that God uses our trials and tests, even things Satan throws at us, to mold us into the person He wants us to be to serve Him. Rick Warren once said that it takes time for fruit to ripen and become a good tasting fruit and if we rush it the outcome isn't as good as if we would have waited the proper time. In the same way, God take HIS time to mold and shape us in what He plans for us to be and do for His work.

As I start out my work week, my triathlon training, and my school week, I want to remember this is a week God is using to mold me to become something GREATER for Him.

Lord, thank you for showing me your word and reminding me this very important lesson. Your words are the food I need to nourish my soul. Lord, help me through this week to do all you need me to do and help me form into the fruit you can use in your MISSION FIELD. Forgive me of my sins and rushing things too quickly. Be with my family and friends this week in their walk with you and help the ones who need to find their way back to your path. In Jesus Name,
Amen

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment